The Exorcist is an American horror television series based on the novel The Exorcist, written by William Peter Blatty. It was created by Jeremy Slater and premiered September 23, 2016 on FOX. It was nominated for a People's Choice Award for "Favorite New TV Drama", but lost to NBC's This is Us. The series was renewed for a second season on May 12, 2017, set to premiere on September 29, 2017.
The Exorcist is a propulsive psychological thriller following two very different priests tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession. Father Tomas Ortega is the new face of the Catholic Church: progressive, ambitious and compassionate. He runs a small, but loyal, parish in the suburbs of Chicago. He has no idea that his quiet life is about to change forever. Deep in the slums of Mexico City, another priest has found himself locked in a life-and-death struggle with evil. Father Marcus Keane is a modern-day Templar Knight, an orphan raised since childhood by the Vatican to wage war against its enemies. Father Marcus is everything Father Tomas is not: relentless, abrasive and utterly consumed by his mission – and he constantly butts heads with his adversary within the church, Father Bennett.
Caught in the middle of the two priests is the Rance family, who are members of Tomas’ parish. On the surface, they’re a normal, American family, but all is not as it seems in this household. The patriarch, Henry Rance, is recovering from a traumatic injury. Eldest daughter Katherine has become a recluse who refuses to leave her room. Her younger sister, Casey, thinks she’s hearing strange noises coming from inside the walls. And mother Angela believes there is something in the house, a demonic presence, growing stronger by the day. Desperate, she begs Father Tomas for help, unwittingly setting the naïve young priest on a collision course with Father Marcus. Separately, each faces an insurmountable task, but together they become the Rances’ only hope against an evil force that has been mobilizing for centuries.
Season One Edit
Main Cast Edit
- Alfonso Herrera as Father Tomas
- Geena Davis as Angela Rance
- Brianne Howey as Katherine Rance
- Hannah Kasulka as Casey Rance
- Kurt Egyiawan as Father Bennett
- Ben Daniels as Father Marcus
- Alan Ruck as Henry Rance
- David Hewlett as the voice of the demon
Recurring Cast Edit
- Mouzam Makkar as Jessica
- Kristen Fitzgerald as Maria Walters
- Keira Naughton as Cherry Rego
- Ken Marks as Lester Rego
- Deana Dunaghan as Mother Bernadette
- Alan Metoskie as John "Red" Harplin (known as "Homeless Man" in the pilot episode)
Season One Edit
- Chapter One: And Let My Cry Come Unto Thee
- Chapter Two: Lupus in Fabula
- Chapter Three: Let 'Em In
- Chapter Four: The Moveable Feast
- Chapter Five: Through My Most Grievous Fault
- Chapter Six: Star Of The Morning
- Chapter Seven: Father Of Lies
- Chapter Eight: The Griefbearers
- Chapter Nine: 162
- Chapter Ten: Three Rooms
iTunes Bonus Video Edit
- The Exorcist Viewer Reactions - "Find out how viewers reacted after a screening of The Exorcist!"